23 ways to enhance your self-esteem
Here are 23 ways you can enhance your self-esteem. If you have low self-esteem, remember it takes time, so always be patient and loving towards yourself and don’t rush things. Take small steps!
- Take full responsibility of your life.
- Stop blaming others.
- See yourself as the cause or source of what happens to you.
- Consciously generate positive thoughts and feelings of self-love and acceptance in place of old thoughts of inadequacies and feeling bad about oneself.
- Be willing to create a new lifestyle for yourself that generates, nourishes and maintains sound self-esteem.
- Spend time with others that have high self-esteem.
- Be aware of what you say about yourself, avoid putting yourself down, and criticize yourself and others.
- Look for people’s strengths see the good in everyone you meet.
- Stop trying to change others, instead focus your attention on yourself.
- Focus on the here and now, instead of living in the past and future.
- Stop feeling guilty and saying “I’m sorry”
- See your mistakes as a valuable lesson.
- Love yourself every chance you get. You are worth loving and you do have a purpose.
- Do things in life you enjoy.
- Accept the acknowledgements and compliments from others. Learn to say thank you when someone says something positive about you.
- Don’t compare yourself with others. See yourself as being of equal worth.
- Take deep full breathes frequently. Discover the benefits of breathing fully.
- Make a list of things you like about yourself and add to it often.
- Acknowledge people around you. Let them know how important they are to you and how much you appreciate them, especially family, friends and work associates.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously, be willing to laugh at yourself, at life, and with others.
- Be assertive. Speak up for yourself. Express your feelings, preferences and opinions openly and without fear. Accept “no” as being ok.
- Be respectful of others feelings and opinions. Come from love and tolerance, not from judgement.
- Treat yourself as gently and kind as possible because you deserve it.
It’s never easy learning to improve your self-esteem and truly love who you are, so remember to be patient and take one day at a time. My hope for you is that you begin to fall in love with you all over again and acknowledge and accept your pure uniqueness in this world.