Starting out meditation can be daunting for some people because they don’t know what to expect or they don’t have the basics. Below are some absolute basics for preparing for meditation.
- Find a quiet place for meditation (preferably the same place)
- Eliminate any interruptions (phones, television etc)
- Burn candles or Incenses (optional)
- Play meditation/relaxation music (soothing music)
- Wear comfortable lose clothing
- Sit in a comfortable position – either on the floor or in a chair
- Hold an erect spine (keep your back straight, yet comfortable)
- Rest your tongue on the roof of your mouth
- Close your eyes
- Start the meditation (sit quietly)
Meditation is not complicated at all. All it takes is regular practice.