- Find a quiet and comfortable position either sitting up or lying down. If you can wear comfortable clothing, nothing to tight. Once you have found that relaxing position then close your eyes.
- Concentrate on taking 3 deep breathes, the return to normal breathing, feeling calm and relaxed.
- On the out breathe; say the word “relax” in a gentle voice. Do this several times as you feel yourself becoming more relaxed.
- Try and imagine a beautiful scene, somewhere where you will feel relaxed. E.g. laying on the beach listening to the waves crashing in or sitting on top of a hill admiring the beautiful views, the green grass, the birds singing, and the sun shining bright. Continue to breathe and imagine the scene of your choice several times.
- When you have reached the point of relaxation, take a slow deep breathe, open your eyes, stretch your body and when you are ready get up slowly.
Practice this technique whenever you are feeling anxious,
stressed or for relaxation