Meditation can be defined in many words by many experts. My definition of meditation is: “Meditation is an ongoing practice of moment to moment experiences that cultivate an inner peace, aiming to go beyond thought and into awareness (Restful Alertness)”
So why do we meditate, why do we sit in silence or listen to guided imagery meditations? We do this for too many reasons to list, but be sure that meditation is a practice that comes with endless benefits. The benefits range from health benefits to psychological benefits and the most important benefit of all is that meditation develops awareness and awakens an inner part of us that we never knew existed. The inner-self is so powerful, creative, loving, and passionate and when we tap into this aspect of self – LIFE CHANGES FOREVER.
I have been running Women’s Circles since 2007 and attract women who are spiritually in tuned and are seeking a space that contains truth telling, healing and transformation.
Each woman is respected, her story and healing journey is unique. A woman’s story shared is often the healing of another woman. Women heal women as we come together as equals, united by common purpose, to heal self and others.
Meditation is our focus, (we meditate for 30-40 minutes), yet truth and storytelling is a significant part in our classes.
Our circle include a holistic approach to healing women and provides a space to explore some of the following:
- Guided Visualisations
- Awareness of breath
- Promote rest and recuperation
- Discover the inner self
- Learn to love yourself
- Reduce unavoidable stress
- Tapping into creativity
- Making sense of life experiences
- Exploring and sharing knowledge
- Learn how to Respond versus React
- Avoid judgement
- Truth versus ego
- Understanding “life lessons” and “our spiritual teachers”
Women today are busy, stressed, tired and overwhelmed and as a result, lose touch with their inner self and with other women. The Women’s Circle is designed to bring women together, to share stories, to build relationships and to grow spiritually. There is something beautiful about feminine energy. When like minded feminine energies come together, miracles happen.
- Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Where: Mount Cotton (QLD)
- Cost: $150.00 per term (10 weeks)
**Limited Spaces Available**
Depending on numbers, we also run a mixed meditation class (men and women) on Tuesday evenings.
This book was written to help people acquire more knowledge on meditation and to help them understand how meditation can benefit their life. The book includes loads of practical tips and exercises to get you started with meditation. And it contains lots of personal knowledge and experience of meditation. I hope you enjoy the content.
The 5 Key Benefits of Meditation will enhance your lifestyle and promote a deeper sense of inner peace. We are all looking for something that will improve our life, promote our wellbeing and prevent us from burnout and support inner peace. This 12 page booklet is simple to read and shares some great ideas on meditation and well being.
Calming Breathing Technique
- Ensure you are comfortable either sitting in a chair or lying on the floor
- Now take a breath in for 4 seconds (through the nose if possible)
- Hold your breath for 2 seconds
- Now release your breath taking 6 seconds (through the nose if possible) then slightly pause before breathing again (repeat above)
- Observe only the “in breath” and the “out breath”
- Your purpose is to concentrate only on the in and out breath at the tip of the nose.
- Each breath is a natural breath (do not take in deep breaths)
- This can be practiced for up to 10 -60 minutes (as long as you choose)